Yoni Steam FAQ
- What Is a Yoni Steam?
- Yoni Steaming, also known as Vaginal (or V) Steaming, is a powerful techniques that has been used by women across cultures for centuries, in which the steam from blend of womb-supportive herbs gently permeates a woman’s vagina. This ancient technique is used to promote menstrual-cycle health, overall reproductive health and fertility.
- Who Should Be Yoni Steaming?
- Any woman who wants to connect with her womb and reproductive health should experience Yoni Steaming. You don’t need an “ailment” for this to be beneficial to you, as we feel it’s a potent way for every woman to connect with the power of her womb. However, this practice is especially for any woman who suffers from fibroids, endometriosis, uterine or ovarian cysts, chronic vagina infections, yeast infections, post-surgical such as C-section or hysterectomy, Post-childbirth tearing, episiotomy (as long as there are no open wounds and you are no longer bleeding), hemorrhoids, etc.
- Who Should Not Be Yoni Steaming?
- Women who are pregnant or think they might be pregnant should not be Yoni Steaming. Women should not steam while they are in the blood phase of their cycle, or menstruating. Because some of the herbs in the steam could cause stronger contraction of the uterus, women who have an IUD should not steam.
- How Often Should I Yoni Steam?
- You can perform a steam up to 3 times per week, but our recommendation is 2-3 times per month, ideally at least once during each phase of your cycle (just not the blood phase). For pain during menstruation, you may want to steam 2 times during the week before your period is due. When you’re actively trying to conceive, it’s best to steam 2-3 times before ovulation. For healing from surgery or childbirth, as long as there are no open wounds and you’re not bleeding, steaming up to 3 times a week is recommended.
- I noticed that my cycle was different, I had spotting or cramping after the Steam. Is this okay?
- Yes!! The herbal blend and steam can actually cause some uterine contraction as it clears out old and stagnant blood and energy. This can change your cycle for a month or two, but it’s actually a healing, beneficial process. As healing energy brings QI to the uterus, stagnant blood and energy can be moved out, which may result in spotting, shedding clots, temporary change in blood flow, etc.
- Can I use essential oils instead of the Herbal Blend?
- Nope! Essential oils will be way too strong for this purpose. They can actually irritate your sensitive mucus membranes. The herbs were chosen for their gentle and skin-soothing properties.
Support your Reproductive Health, Regulate your cycle and Improve Fertility with this ancient practice.
Yoni steaming, also known as vaginal steaming, is a practice in which a woman allows the warmth of herbal steam to permeate the exterior of her vagina. Women have been using various plant allies for centuries to connect with the Divine Feminine Energy of her womb and to improve her reproductive health.
It is my belief that this practice was experienced since the time of the Red Tent, where women would connect with each other, Mama Earth and the power of their own womb.
Yoni steams have been found by women throughout history to:
- Reduce pain, cramping, bloating and fatigue associated with menstruation.
- Decrease heavy menstrual flow, eliminate and lessen clotting and spotting.
- Regulate irregular menstrual cycles.
- Support ovulation and absent cycles.
- Increase fertility, especially when used in conjunction with other Wisdom of the Womb teas and support.
- Ease menopausal symptoms such as dryness and pain during sex.
- Reduce chronic yeast infections and normalize vaginal bacteria.
- Speed healing after childbirth, including vaginal tears and episiotomies.
- Reduce uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, uterine weakness, uterine prolapse & endometriosis.
- Assist with the healing of hemorrhoids.
Setting Up Your Yoni Steam…
If you look on Etsy or other online stores, you’ll find special Yoni Steam seats that can cost you anywhere from $50-$75.
Here’s my Yoni Seat Hack that will save you a ton of money:
- Head to Home Depot or Lowe’s or any hardware store, and buy the least expensive toilet seat you can find.
- Take an old wooden chair and remove the seat cushion, or simply buy a large bucket. Cover either the chair or bucket with the toilet seat cover. Voila!
- Be sure you have the following: A large pot/ Saucepan, blankets, towels, candles, socks, your favorite relaxing music, a journal for writing about any images or feelings that may arise.
- Prepare an area where you can remain undisturbed for at least 20 minutes. Turn off your phone, play music, light candles, etc. Be sure to have layers nearby so you can keep warm.
Follow the Instructions On your B*tch's Brew Yoni Steam Packaging.
Creating Your Ritual…
The first time you steam, you may be figuring out the “kinks,” but once you understand what you’re doing, this can be a beautiful ritual.
- Undress from the waist down, making sure you have layers in case you get chilly. Keep socks or slippers on, so your feet can be toasty.
- Place either the entire pot of herbs, or a large bowl that you’ve poured the herbs into under your seat, or inside the bucket. Place the Seat cover on top, and sit comfortably. Your yoni will be exposed to the rising steam. Wrap yourself with towels or blankets, to keep the steam contained. The steam should feel warm. If it feels too hot or uncomfortable, move away for a moment or two so it can cool down.
- Let yourself relax! Close your eyes if that feels comfortable. Imagine your pelvis opening wide. Rest your hands on your lap, and focus on your shoulders releasing, relaxing.
- Allow any thoughts, memories, feelings, etc. to arise. I believe that when we connect to our womb in this way, even ancestral trauma can be touched upon, so trust that you are safe, but allow yourself to feel. For my Yoni Steam Meditation, visit YouTube channel Ariele Myers.
- Take a few breaths. Allow yourself, your feet to feel grounded. You may want to envision tree roots coming down from your feet and your bottom, spiraling down into the earth. From the Earth, pull in nurturing, loving energy. From the top of your head, see if you can envision your connection to the stars. See if you can envision all the women who came before you, perhaps even performed this same ritual. Express gratitude for your connection.
- Continue to bring your awareness to your womb. Call in Divine Feminine Energy. Remember your power, which is unlike the masculine-force-control type of power we have seen in our culture for centuries. Ask to remember Divine Feminine Power. Imagine the ocean contained within your womb. A deep, steady, knowing.
- Upon your exhalation, focus on releasing anything that isn’t serving you. Any holding, any fear, any shame. Let is all go, released through your exhalation.
- Steam for 20-30 minutes. When you feel complete, call your awareness back to the “now” and move slowly as you dry off, get dressed and continue with your day. Steaming is wonderful to do right before you go to bed for the night.